Beach Hazards Statement issued June 20 at 4:53PM CDT until June 21 at 10:00PM CDT by NWS Chicago IL
* WHAT...High wave action and dangerous currents expected at
Lake Michigan beaches.
* WHERE...Lake IN and Porter Counties.
* WHEN...From Monday morning through Monday evening.
* IMPACTS...Swimming conditions will be life threatening,
especially for inexperienced swimmers.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Wave heights of 3 to 6 feet are expected.
Stay dry when waves are high!
Remain out of the water to avoid dangerous swimming conditions
and do not venture out onto piers, jetties, breakwalls, or other