TRB will conduct a webinar on Tuesday, June 30 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM that will discuss research on future vehicle fleet scenarios’ effect on emissions. Presenters will review literature and modeling analysis on U.S. ZEV adoption. The work provides insights encouraging the adoption of ZEVs such as electric or fuel cell vehicles with implications for state departments of transportation and metropolitan planning organizations seeking to make policy decisions to advance penetration of ZEVs into the light-duty vehicle fleet. Presenters will also discuss future research suggestions.
This webinar draws on research from NCHRP Web-Only Document 274: Zero Emission Vehicles: Forecasting Fleet Scenarios and their Emissions Implications.
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- Introduction: Doug Eisinger, Sonoma Technology, Inc.
- Key findings from literature review, rationale for Market Acceptance of Advanced Automotive Technologies model, and future research suggestions: Adrienne Heller, WSP
- Guiding principles for development and selection of ZEV adoption analysis scenarios, modeled ZEV population increases, and implications of results: Garnet Erdakos, Sonoma Technology, Inc.
- Modeled ZEV population increases and emissions reductions: Shih Ying Chang (Changsy), Sonoma Technology, Inc.
- Question and answer session moderated by Zhenhong Lin, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
The first 90 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify different ZEV adoption models in the U.S.
- Discuss how different fleet scenarios will effect emissions
Professional Development Hour Information
Professional engineers (PEs) who register and attend the entire webinar as an individual will be awarded 2 Professional Development Hours (PDHs). TRB’s webinar program awards PDH credits only to the registered individual, and not to other members of a group that view the webinar together. To be eligible for the credits, individuals must remain signed in for the entire webinar, including for any question and answer session following the presentations.
Pre-registration is required. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to register. Individuals that are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
TRB will report credits earned to the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu.