The Chicago Dogs are thrilled to announce their 30-game home schedule and special promotional offerings for the team’s 2020 season. The season will kick off Tuesday, July 7 at 7:05 p.m. for a three-game homestand against the Milwaukee Milkmen. Every fan in attendance on opening night will receive a commemorative bobblehead of legendary Chicago sports coach Mike Ditka donning a Chicago Dogs-inspired sweater. Acclaimed vocalist Wayne Messmer will perform the National Anthem. Coach Ditka will return to Impact Field for the Chicago Dogs’ 2021 home opener to co-manage the team alongside Butch Hobson.
The Chicago Dogs’ 2020 season home game schedule is available here.
“We look forward to welcoming both baseball and fans back to Impact Field this summer. We’ve built a great promotional calendar for the season where each of our 30 home games will be a special event,” said Chicago Dogs co-owner Shawn Hunter. “On opening day, we’ll celebrate legendary coach Mike Ditka and look forward to having him back at Impact Field next year."
Season-long daily specials for 2020 Chicago Dogs home games are outlined below.
- Friends & Family Tuesdays: beginning Tuesday, July 14, a special four-person ticket package will be offered starting at $36. The package includes four tickets to a Tuesday Chicago Dogs home game, four Chicago Dogs branded hats and a voucher for a large Moretti’s pizza.
- Wiener Wednesdays: a Wednesday game ticket purchase grants fans all-you-can-eat hot dogs as the Chicago Dogs play as the “Chicago Wieners” in specially-branded uniforms.
- Thirsty Thursdays: $2 Miller cans available thanks to Chicago Dogs sponsor Miller Coors.
- Happy Fridays: Gates to the ballpark open at 5 p.m. and fans can enjoy a variety of beer and food “happy hour” specials from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. alongside live music from the School of Rock. The first 1,000 fans to enter the ballpark will receive a free giveaway item. Below is the giveaway schedule.
- Friday, July 17: Ketchup mascot bobblehead
- Friday, July 24: Chicago Dogs branded baseball hat
- Friday, August 21: Chicago Dogs branded t-shirt
- Friday, August 28: Chicago Dogs 2020 team photo
- Theme Night Saturdays: Saturday themed games include:
- Saturday, July 18: “Superhero Night”
- Saturday, July 25: “Caddyshack Night” celebrating the 40th anniversary of the iconic film in partnership with Murray Bros. Caddyshack restaurant
- Saturday, August 22: “Jimmy Buffet Night”
- Saturday, August 29: “Star Wars Night”
- Family Sundays: $3 bottomless popcorn; and $3 bottomless soft drinks.
Rosemont’s Impact Field will be open at limited capacity for the Chicago Dogs’ 2020 season home games in accordance to Phase 4 of the State of Illinois’ reopening plan. The Chicago Dogs are committed to keeping its fans, team and staff safe. The team has implemented a comprehensive COVID-19 action plan containing several new health and sanitation protocols as they prepare to welcome fans back to Impact Field. The full plan is available at TheChicagoDogs.com/COVID-19.
Tickets to Chicago Dogs home games can be purchased by visiting TheChicagoDogs.com or by calling 847-636-5450. In addition to single-game tickets, season tickets, six-game and 12-game packages are available. Premium seating opportunities are also available at Impact Field’s luxury suites and Rivers Stadium Club. Single-game tickets for the Rivers Stadium Club are available for $85 per person and includes access to an all-inclusive premium buffet provided by Levy Restaurants as well as beer, wine and soda. Groups of 15 or more will receive a commemorative Chicago dogs hat for each member of their group with a group ticket purchase.
About The Chicago Dogs:
The Chicago Dogs are members of the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball. Named after Chicago’s favorite and oldest culinary tradition, the Chicago Dogs’ logo features the colors and stars of the iconic Chicago flag. Home games are played at the state-of- the-art Impact Field located at 9850 Balmoral Avenue in Rosemont, Ill. The team is managed by former Boston Red Sox Manager, Butch Hobson, who brings more than 30 years of experience to Rosemont. Chicago Dogs games welcome fans of all ages for a one-of-a-kind experience where every day is fan appreciation day.
About Impact Field:
Impact Field is a 6,300-seat stadium located in Rosemont at the intersection of Balmoral Avenue and Pearl Street, west of I-294, at 9850 Balmoral Avenue. The ballpark serves as the home of the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball minor league team, the Chicago Dogs. Sponsored by Impact Networking, Impact Field offers a variety of different spaces and experiences for visitors including a private club, suites, field-level experience and more. Impact Field has been voted “Best Independent Ballpark in America” by “Ballpark Digest” in 2018 and 2019.