December highlights include the continuation of the recently installed South Lake Artist's Co-op 10th Anniversary show, two fundraisers and seven music events.
DECEMBER 6TH, FRIDAY, collaborative fundraiser with Hammond Development Corp., Towle Theater and Paul Henry's Art Gallery. DINNER, DRINKS AND ENTERTAINMENT IN ALL THREE LOCATIONS! Your $40 ticket benefits the Towle Theater and Paul Henry's Art Gallery. All events are across the alley from one another. Park in the back of the Towle Theater. Included is:
- Viewing of Miracle on 34th Street: A Live Musical Radio Play
- Light appetizers and heavy hors d'oeuvres
- Non-alcoholic holiday beverages\
- 2 tickets for alcoholic beverages
- Entry to a raffle
Schedule is as follows:
- 5:30-6:15 Paul Henry's Gallery: light appetizers plus holiday non-alcoholic beverages
- 6:15-7:15 HDC Business Center: non-alcoholic drinks, heavy appetizers, choir singers on the stairs, raffle drawings.
- 7:15-8:00 Towle Theater: seating for the show. Drink tickets can be used at this time. (Alcoholic beverages only served at the Towle Theater)
- 8:00 Watch Miracle on 34th Street: A Live Musical Radio Play.
- After show: beer/wine (2 ticket limit), desserts
Tickets are limited and must be purchased in advance.Please call the box office at the Towle to purchase tickets 219-937-8780
DECEMBER 12TH, THURSDAY, 8PM, Andy Sutton's Jazz combo will continue Christmas music after the Calumet Ridge Jazz Ensemble's show at the Towle Theater. No cover, light snacks and coffee provided. Donations for the gallery and the musicians encouraged.
DECEMBER 14TH, SATURDAY, AD&D CHARITY HOLIDAY HIJINKS GAME DAY to benefit the Carmelite Home. 10:30am til 4:30pm. Bring unwrapped toys and stuffed animals to donate to the children at Carmelite.
DECEMBER 28TH, SATURDAY, 2PM, MONTHLY JAZZ JAM hosted by the Tom Matecki Quintet. Guest players and vocalists are invited to join the house group after the intermission. $5 cover.
DECEMBER 29TH, SUNDAY, RUMBA DRUM ENSEMBLE. Join Ed Brann as he visits Afro-Cuban rhythms. Ed will teach you the specific drumming form so that you can join in with experienced players. $5 cover.
The gallery will be open during regular hours, Tuesday through Saturday, 11am til 5:30pm for your holiday shopping convenience. We represent over 150 artists and have an inventory of thousands of pieces of original art which would make special gifts that will last through generations.
We hope to see you in December!
Rita and David Mueller
Paul Henry's Art Gallery
416 Sibley, Hammond, IN 46320