Performances will be held at The Drama Group’s Studio Theatre on December 6, 7, 12, 13 & 14 at 7:30 pm and matinees on December 8 & 15 at 2:00 pm.
Tickets are $23 for adults, $21 for seniors and $17 for students with ID. Group discount rates are also available. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Box Office at 708-755-3444 or online https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4435048.
The Drama Group’s Milord Studio Theatre is located at 330 W. 202nd Street in Chicago Heights. For directions and other information regarding Drama Group activities, please visit our Website www.dramagroup.org.
SYNOPSIS – TARTUFFE, In Search of an American Idol
Comedy takes center stage in this fresh political spin based on Moliere's timeless farce. A wealthy American businessman entrusts his home, fortune, reputation, wife, and daughter to an up-and-coming politician who is an unscrupulous charlatan.
In this new adaptation, TARTUFFE written by Robert Caisley, lampoons society and politics, offering a comedic and cautionary tale of frauds, cheats, scoundrels, and interlopers. A brief 350 years have passed since Moliere penned Tartuffe, yet its potent afterlife resonates with our present-day anxieties.
Truly hilarious from start to finish, let's get the word out about this fresh, funny, modernized version that is extremely relevant to the political climate of today.
Get your tickets now for this political bombshell.
The Drama Group is pleased to be a member of S.A.M.B.A. [Southland Arts Municipalities Business Alliance] with 26 local arts organization. See details at southlandarts.org.
- Tartuffe - Jim LaPietra, Berwyn, IL
- Orgon - Paul Milord Jr, Lansing, IL
- Dorine - Karin Cassin-Scrementi, Beecher, IL
- Mira - Lisa Giovenco-Solomon, Tinley Park, IL
- Mary Ann - Hope Lang, Crete, IL
- Pernelle - Marylee Hoganson, Homewood, IL
- Clayton - Brian Giblin, Tinley Park, IL
- Val - Jimmy George, Chicago, IL
- Laurence / Agent Sharp - Burke Fry, Country Club Hills, IL
- Loyal / Philomena - Jessica Moen, Elmwood Park, IL
- Damon - Josh Cash, Oak Lawn, IL
- Director, Tony Labriola, Olympia Fields, IL
- Assistant Director, Dayna Sterkowitz, Flossmoor, IL
- Set Design, Gil Oliva, Oak Lawn, IL
- Light Design, Jennifer Larkin, New Lenox, IL
- Video Director/Editor, Blake Labriola, Skokie, IL
- Sound Design, Curt Lang, Monee, IL
- Costumes, Joey Coffey, Chicago Heights, IL
- Props, Rose Crockett, Chicago Heights, IL
- Make up & Hair Design, Regina Gadotti, Chicago Heights, IL
- Set construction, Bob Sullivan, Homewood, IL
- Stage Manager, Ken Hawkley, Homewood, IL
- Stage Crew, Greg Garcia, Chicago Heights, IL
- Marketing / Publicity, Tina Zagone, Olympia Fields, IL
- Publicity & Graphics, Diane Kaffka, Tinley Park, IL