Indiana Department of Insurance Deputy Commissioner Agency Services Randall Evans was awarded the Warren Spruill Regulator Recognition Award by the Securities & Insurance Licensing Association (SILA). Nominations for this award come from the SILA membership, which includes some of the most influential and knowledgeable experts in the insurance industry from over 50 state insurance departments, securities regulators, insurance carriers, agencies, insurance producers, adjuster and industry vendors.
Evans joined the Indiana Department of Insurance Title Division in 2009 as the project manager and was later promoted to director of the Title Division and the Medical Malpractice Support Division before serving as deputy commissioner Agency Services. As Title director, he was responsible for implementing the Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers Database (“RREAL IN”).
Prior to joining the Department of Insurance, he spent 11 years working on various federal Medicare contracts for WellPoint (Anthem) as a project manager and business transition specialist.
An experienced license professional, Evans has demonstrated leadership and initiative, and made several contributions to the insurance industry during his time with the Indiana Department of Insurance. His accomplishments include:
- reduction of processing forms enabling licensees to make verifiable updates in “real time” without processing delays
- updated licensing exams across all producer lines of authority ensuring exams are aligned with state legislative changes
- identified inefficiencies in the exam administration processes and secured new vendor services to ensure quality of services to Indiana resident licensees
- reduction of producer exam fees from $75.50 to $69.00 saving Indiana resident producers exam and licensing costs
- expanded testing availability from 25 test centers to 32 adding 8 additional centers in surrounding states (Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, Missouri) for residents living near Indiana borders not conveniently located to Indiana test centers
- instrumental in initiating Indiana as one of the states to offer its insurance licensing exam nationwide and overseas on military installations and naval vessels to military service members who may be preparing to transition to Indiana from active duty to civilian life and considering a career field in the insurance industry.
Evans currently serves as the chair for the IDOI Education Advisory Council which reviews and approves provider education programs for pre-licensing and continuing education. He previously served as chair for the Indiana Inter-Agency Mortgage Lending and Fraud Prevention Task Force, which works to identify and address issues of fraud, maleficence and non-compliance within the Indiana mortgage lending, residential real estate and home buying process.
He currently resides in Indianapolis.
About Indiana Department of Insurance
The Indiana Department of Insurance protects Indiana's insurance consumers by monitoring and regulating the financial strengths and market conduct activities of insurance companies and agents. The department monitors insurance companies and agents for compliance with state laws to protect consumers and to offer them the best array of insurance products available. The department also assists Hoosiers with insurance questions and provides guidance in understanding how insurance policies work.